I love me some sweet food, so cookies are of course a great love of mine.
In my numerous hours of recipe research for Paleo treats it does seem that the same three flavours are being used; these being Coconut, almond and cinnamon. So what better way than to top my cookies with them!!
I found this recipe here. Penchant to cook is a website that I have found to be fantastic as it is easily adaptable and also easy to follow.
It is also quick to make which is great for a busy working lady like myself!
Ingredients – Serves 10 large or 20 smaller cookies.
255g ground almonds
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
120ml maple syrup
60ml olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius
2. In a medium sized bowl mix the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon with a fork until well mixed.
3. In a smaller bowl whisk the egg, honey and olive oil together until well blended and the mixture thickens.
4. Pour the smaller bowl into the medium bowl and whisk until everything is blended.
5. You can put the dough into the fridge for 30 minutes. ( On my first try I didnt. This seems to make the cookies easily breakable and soft, which isnt a massive problem – just annoying)
6. Using a tablespoon, scoop out balls of the dough and place onto a baking sheet.
7. There can be a wide variety of toppings to be put onto or into cookies. I have chosen to add them on top and I made a selection of different cookies being shredded coconut.
Bake the cookies for 11 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately put the cookies on a wire rack to cool.